Welcome to the new CFMA website! Please note, before you can register for CFMA education or the conference you will need to login to your CFMA account. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free.More Info
Deep Dive and Advanced Perspective of WIP Course
Jun 16, 2021 - 3:00 PM (ET) - Online
Hosted by CFMA
About this Event
June 16 – 17, 2021
3 - 5 PM (ET), 12 - 2 PM (PT)
This four-hour intensive course will provide an advanced view of the Work In Progress schedule. Your WIP is more than a reporting tool; it is a financial management tool for your construction company. From this workshop, you will gain strategies to turn unexpected profit fade and enhancements into predictable events.
After this session, attendees will be able to:
- Discuss how different contract types are managed on your WIP
- Show how to account for self-performed work on your WIP without double counting
- Discuss change orders/additional purchase orders and how they impact gross profit and revenue expectations
Level & Prerequisites
This is a group-live program at the Advanced Level. Participants should have at least three years’ experience in construction accounting, in-depth experience integrating construction contracts and estimates into a WIP schedule, and a solid understanding of managing the cost review process. CFMA’s “A 360 View of Your WIP” course is also a recommended prerequisite.
Earn 4 CPE credits in the field of Accounting.
Who Should Attend?
- This course is designed for C-level executives (including CEOs/Presidents, CFOs, COOs)
- Project Managers within construction firms that have a solid understanding of the work in progress (WIP) schedule and a thorough knowledge of construction financial management principles
If you are a colleague of a CFMA member, you can receive a discount on registration. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
If you plan to view this program as part of a group and need to earn CPE credit, contact CFMA at email@example.com.
Eric Krystad, CPA, Director, Aldrich Advisors & CPAs