Welcome to the new CFMA website! Please note, before you can register for CFMA education or the conference you will need to login to your CFMA account. If you don't have an account, you can create one for free.More Info
Committees are vital to the success of our CFMA chapter. Members can volunteer in a variety of ways within CFMA. This is a great way for you to get to know other members within the association. Time commitments vary by committee, but most meet once a month or quarter for about an hour. They are fun and informative meetings.
The Programs Committee is responsible for the development, planning, and execution of all Chapter educational meetings. Main responsibilities include:
- Annual planning meeting
- Designing event calendar and developing monthly luncheon programs
- Executing monthly luncheons consists of:
- Working with Chapter Administrator to publicize all chapter Events via email and by posting events and their details to the Chapter website calendar.
- Coordinating announcements and speaker introductions.
- Working with Membership Committee to obtain the exact headcount for each event.
- Selecting venue and menu, making reservations, coordinating with the venue the banquet hall requirements and networking area, ensuring the venue is equipped with projector, microphone, and laptop for presentation.
- Confirming speakers prior to the event.
- Coordinating event agenda and introductions with Chapter President.
- Giving consideration to event sponsorships, if appropriate.
Membership Committee is responsible for the Chapter’s membership recruitment and retention efforts. Main responsibilities of the Membership Committee include:
- Identifying and Recruiting Prospective Members
- Promoting CFMA at events and Answering Inquiries Regarding Membership
- Integrate New Members Into The Organization
- Hold Membership Drives
- Member Retention
The scholarship committee is responsible for supporting our annual scholarships. Main responsibilities include:
- Picking a date that scholarship applications will be due
- Ensuring the application is current.
- Working with Chapter Administrator to publicize scholarship availability.
- Gather applications and securing a review committee.
- Supporting in the review and awarding of scholarships.
Lone Star Regional Conference Representative
Lone Star Conference Committee is responsible for coordinating the annual CFMA Lone Star conference, which is a regional conference of all Texas chapters. The Lone Star Conference is usually held in late September and is hosted by a different Texas chapter each year. The committee usually meets via telephone conference with representatives from other Texas CFMA chapters as needed. As representatives of our Chapter, this committee is involved in all aspects of the Lone Star conference organization.
The CCIFP Chapter Champion is responsible for increasing the number of CCIFPs in our chapter by talking about certification at chapter meetings. Supporting members who on in the process of being certified. Sharing information about being a CCIFP and supporting any study groups that we host.